Friday, February 26, 2010

I had a good day

I received the following e-mail:

Hello Mac,
Recently you posted a message in the iATN forums that was rated very highly by other members, located here:
http://members.iatn.net/forums/read/msg.aspx?fv=4&f=forum13&m=32629
We have decided to feature it in the quarterly newsletter for iATN members called the iATN Review. The issue will be emailed very soon, keep an eye out for it! Of the thousands posted to iATN each quarter, we only feature a handful, so you should feel proud!
As a thank-you for this contribution to iATN, we have extended your sponsorship 3 months.
Thanks again and congratulations!
Regards,
Scott BrowniATN Administratorscott@iatn.nethttp://www.iatn.net

For those not acquainted with iATN: This is a network for automotive Technicians, trainers. managers etc. Here the tech. can get help from fellow members when someone is stuck with a car repair problem. But it also serves to keep in touch with each other or exchange ideas and share experiences. Worldwide membership is over 40.000.

English is not my native language, so my spelling errors are apparent if the spell checker does not catch it. Therefore, getting this honor to be picked for the review is pretty exiting. Sometimes I wonder if anyone really reads the comments or painfully written articles I write (with 2 fingers). My wife always proof reads, except when I am on iATN at 2:00 AM. So, she was pretty upset when I wrote "believe" instead of "belief" and "where" instead of "were".

I could not speak English when I arrived in Canada as an immigrant from The Netherlands. I could reply YES or NO when I understood what they were talking about. If I had no clue what they were saying, my answer was SURE. Needles to say I used that word often and that is how I became a plumber. Looking back that was a hilarious experience. More about that later. For now I have to get ready for a seminar at VISION - Kansas City.

No comments: